Recipients will be chosen at random to receive $1000 each in tuition assistance.
Barbara Holston Education Fund Eligibility Guidelines
To be eligible the Applicant must:
1. Be a current recipient of housing services with Fort Worth Housing Solutions (FWHS) for a minimum of 12 months prior to completing an application.
2. Be current on all financial obligations related to the FWHS (no payment arrangements accepted).
3. Have a high school diploma/GED (high school seniors may apply).
4. Plan to enroll in an accredited post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic year in one of the following:
a. Associate’s degree program at a non-profit post-secondary institution.
b. Bachelor’s degree program at a non-profit post-secondary institution.
c. Vocational or Technical certification program lasting 9 months or longer offered by a non-profit post-secondary institution.
Barbara Holston Education Fund Rules
1. Entries will be accepted via an on-line entry form only. Applicants may enter only once. Duplicate entries will be removed; this includes any entries that are determined to be variations of the same entry.
2. The application process will be open from April 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019. No late entries will be accepted.
3. Recipients will be drawn at random through a lottery system.
4. Chosen recipients will be notified via phone and mail, then given ten (10) business days to provide proof of enrollment at an eligible post-secondary institution.
Note: If verification is not provided as requested, a new name will be drawn.
5. Checks will be made payable to the student and the school and mailed directly to the financial aid office of the designated school.
6. Recipients acknowledge this is a one-time award for the upcoming school term.
7. Recipients commit to using the award towards tuition and fees.
8. Scholarships are non-renewable; however, past recipients may continue to apply for new scholarships annually as long as all eligibility criteria are met.
9. Recipients agree to have their names and photos used for promotional materials, and posted to the website and social media pages associated with the Barbara Holston Education Fund and FWHS.